How to Keep Your Kid Away from Juvenile Delinquency?
No parents expect their kids to fall into crimes and stuff, but it still happens. Since they don’t expect it, they hardly see the signs and thus they never get to know to get happened to their son that made him choose this path. Many reasons lead the kids to juvenile delinquency crimes that can ruin their lives, parents need to be ahead of them and know the signs and stop them at the right time. The sooner you know, the better you can act and stop the consequences.
There is nothing like a good and innocent kid these days. If you think your kid is innocent, then keep in mind that even victims can become the criminal when they find no other way to deal with the things happening to them. So no matter if they are innocent or if they have the nature of teasing someone, you can never know what gets into them and they commit the worse crime of their lives. It is better to be aware of it from the very start and do something that would keep your kids away from the crime radar.
What is Juvenile Delinquency?
Juvenile delinquency is the act of crime committed by a kid and that kid is treated and taken to rehab for the treatment. Mostly the age limit is 17. It means if your kid is above 17, he/she will be taken to adult prison and will bear the consequences like anyone else there. But, if the kid is below 17, he/she will be taken to the rehabilitation center and the proper treatment will be provided to them along with therapies.
The consequences of juvenile delinquency strictly depend on each society, community, law, the need of the kid, and the type of crime committed. Sometimes, the case is dismissed if the kid is not found to need any rehabilitation, supervision, or treatment. If a serious crime is committed, it depends on the law. Sometimes the child is incarcerated for up to 90 days, and sometimes, the child is taken into the custody of the department of juvenile justice for over two years.
What Are Some Juvenile Delinquency Crimes?
Here are some crimes that can be taken seriously and under the category of juvenile delinquency:
- Alcohol consumption
- Drunk driving
- Home invasion
- Sex Crimes
- The false threat of terrorism
- Computer hacking and other IT crimes
- Unlawful posting of messages
- Drug crimes like the possession of heroin, prescription pills, marijuana
- Disorderly conduct
- Retail Fraud
These are a few of the crimes that are considered to be punishable by the law. But when your kid does it, he/she might be sent to a rehab center and given proper treatments. For more serious crimes, there are more intense actions taken.
How to Know if Your Kid is Into Juvenile Delinquency Crimes?
Parents know their kids better than anyone, so it is time that they use their observations and look for minor changes in the activities of their kids to look for the signs of the crimes mentioned above. Here are some of the signs to look for:
- Their changing habits, like they might be sleeping too much or not sleeping the adequate amount of time. Their eating habits might have been changed, you will see the thinking a lot during eating.
- For the crimes of drug use, you can notice some of the basic things like the colors of their eyes, the way they talk or walk, and the way they eat. For the drug users, you will notice anxiety and stress that keep on increasing.
- You will see them being isolated. When they are about to commit a crime, or when they have committed a crime, they will keep themselves alone and might not talk to anyone. You need to notice it and talk to them.
- Their habits and activities will be changed. If they are into crimes, they might be coming home late every day, going to different unusual places, and hiding the details from you.
- The company they are keeping tells a lot about what are they doing these days. Peer pressure makes kids do terrible things and you can know by the look of their friends.
The more you notice the changes in them, the better you can act and stop the crimes before they get intense. After all, no parents want their kids to become criminals.
What Should the Parents Do?
If you are worried your kid might be into criminal activities, there are plenty of things you can do to detect it and make the necessary change. Here are some of the things that you can do:
- Communicate with them regularly. Have a meal together every day and make sure you notice how they share things with you. If that changes, you can ask them politely about what is going on. The more you communicate, the better you can talk to them about sensitive topics too. Follow some effective positive parenting tips to communicate better with them.
- Monitor them. Monitoring your kids is the best and most guaranteed thing you can do at the moment. By monitoring them, you can know what they are up to, where they are going, what sort of posts are they sharing on social media, and what type of people are in their connection. This alone will tell you a lot about their interest these days.
For monitoring, you need the best monitoring and tracking app. Mobistealth gives you the chance of knowing what is happening with your kid, what are their interests, and where are they headed. The more you know, the better you can detect what sort of crimes are they able to commit and how can you make it stop.
Know your kids better and know where they are headed with their activities and interests. Juvenile delinquency is a serious thing and it can ruin your kids’ future, so take the right step today to not let that happen.
We are compatible on all carriers