How To Tighten The Security On Your Android Device
Smartphone’s have become integral to our online identity which is why they should be treated with care and kept safe from getting hacked or stolen. Losing your smart phone would mean losing out on contacts and numbers, any accounts which may be synced, important documents and texts and so much media stored on your phone. If you aren’t careful, information could even be traced and downloaded and then shared on the internet. It would be great if no one did that but unfortunately thieves and hackers are everywhere and hide themselves making them hard to trace. Here are some tips which you could use to help you in protecting your data.
- Don’t save all your passwords: A lot of users save their passwords on sites and online services on their phones without thinking what would happen if the phone gets stolen. Try not to have any important passwords saved especially those which are used for banking or payments.
- Make use of Android In-Built Security: If your phone is running on Jelly Bean, you can use screen and encryption to enhance your phone’s security. Other options include face lock, patterns, pins and passwords. Whichever you opt for make it difficult so that hackers cant guess the code easily
- Lock all your applications: This is necessary particularly those which contain information you want to keep private. This works as an additional layer of security to prevent a thief from being able to use your apps and get hold of your data if they have somehow managed to bypass the lock. For this purpose, you can make use of App Lock which is a free app. The idea is to simply lock apps which contain private data in them
- App permissions: When downloading apps, make sure to read the permissions to know what the app does and what kind of information it will have access to. This is important since all the apps which you download aren’t necessarily going to be safe
- Secure your network: To protect your Android phone, you should also secure the network you use. Try not to use Wi-Fi in public especially when you want to engage in important activities such as online banking. Whatever you do on the network can easily be hacked which is why you need to be careful when using public networks
- Make use of the mobile security app: It would be a good idea to have an app responsible for handling your security issues. Find a mobile app which you would be comfortable using such as Avast Mobile Security or Lookout Security and Antivirus. However despite using a security app, you shouldn’t let your guard down as malware continues to get stronger
- Come up with a number of user accounts to protect your privacy: If one tablet is used by a number of individuals, it would be a good idea to create multiple user accounts which will ensure everyone’s privacy is maintained.
- Back up your data: In today’s day and age, backing up your data is a must because the chances of your phone getting hacked or stolen are very much present. Without a backup you could end up losing everything and even if you get your stolen phone back, the chances are that the hacker would have removed all the data which would leave you with nothing.
- Track down your lost phone: If you do have the backup for your phone, you could even track it down through GPS. However in order for this to be possible, you would have to enable the GPS option on your phone. There are a number of apps available as well which can track down your phone and even remotely turn on the GPS.
- Enable remote wiping of data: This is an important feature to have in case you end up losing your phone forever. While nothing can be done to get it back, you could at least wipe off the data remotely so that the thief cannot access anything stored on your phone
Location Tracking Just Got Better with SMS TrackingSeptember 8th, 2017
Location Tracking Can Now be Done Through SMSAugust 10th, 2017
What Features to Look for When Choosing an iPhone Monitoring AppAugust 4th, 2017
Best Cell Phone Monitoring Apps 2017May 17th, 2017
Cell Phone Trackers: Why the Tech Has Gotten So Popular Among ParentsDecember 5th, 2016