Common Tips Which Can Help Keep Your Smartphone Secure
Similar to keeping one’s property safe is the safety of the computer and smart phone as well. Following basic security tips can help in keeping devices safe while at the same time saving time and money. Here are some tips which could be of help.
- Make use of a pin, passwords or a pattern to keep your phone locked. Every android phone offers this option and setting it up is easy
- Always back up your data. This is a very important factor as it can come in handy were you to lose your phone or were it to fall into the wrong hands. There are a number of apps and programs available which make this possible through which contacts, music, photos, videos and documents can all be saved
- Make sure to keep apps and the operating system updated. These should be done periodically as new features are constantly added to each along with offering better security. Regular updates will also ensure that your system is working up to date
- After making payments online, make sure that you log out of the website. If you use your smart phone for this purpose, it would be a good idea to log out of the website once the transaction has been completed. Apart from this, also make sure not to save your username and password on your phone and don’t do such transactions on public networks
- Switch off your Bluetooth and your Wi-Fi when you are not using them as thieves can make use of these options to connect to your phone and have access to all the data stored on it
- Do not give out your personal information to anyone. If you receive a text or an email claiming to be your bank and asking for personal information, make sure to contact them first before doing anything. Confirm that they have sent the email or text before giving out any information. This applies to other suspicious links and email attachments as well
- Install and make use of an android security app which can provide your device protection from malware and viruses and would warn you before you are about to visit any risky website.
- Protect your investment because according to research, a number of people have begun to lose their devices. Make sure to get yourself protected in case your phone gets stolen so that you can be provided with a replacement device as soon as possible. This applies not only to theft but also if your device gets damaged or defected.
Location Tracking Just Got Better with SMS TrackingSeptember 8th, 2017
Location Tracking Can Now be Done Through SMSAugust 10th, 2017
What Features to Look for When Choosing an iPhone Monitoring AppAugust 4th, 2017
Best Cell Phone Monitoring Apps 2017May 17th, 2017
Cell Phone Trackers: Why the Tech Has Gotten So Popular Among ParentsDecember 5th, 2016